For those interested in the history of the area the Three Cranes originally belonged to Turvey House and was known as the Chequers until circa 1847 when it was renamed The Three Cranes.
Turvey House is adjacent to The Three Cranes and also next to All Saints’ Church. The current house was built circa 1792 on the remains of the original house. The village is also known for its Abbey which is now the home to a community of the Benedictine nuns with the monks living next door at the Monastery of Christ the Saviour.
The village has a strong history linking it with the lace industry which was very prevalent in the area during the 19th century.
Follow the link to find out more about Turvey’s history and Lace Making. http://www.turveybeds.com/lacemaking.html
If you enjoy walking or fishing the river Ouse runs next to the village with quintessential English countryside of rolling meadows and woodland where a multitude of walks can be found. For local walks please search the goforawalk.com website.